Thursday, September 18, 2008

AWOL [08]



Description
1. what have you included in this video?
here i have included pictures of me, family/friends, my hobbies/intrests and things i believe in.
2. Explain how different parts of the video relate to your way of life:
all four parts of the video relate to my way of life.
i included myself and family (mother, father and brother) in the beginning because those of course are essential to me and they always come first in my life. family, especially in my culture is very important and comes above all else. Then i decided to mix pictures of friends with my intrests and my beliefs. These are the next few things that come in my "universe of obligations". Friends and sociability are very important not only to me, but in general. Having people support you and simply be there for fun or whatever else is key to a healthy life. i also wanted to show some things that i am pro- and against. the things that i show, my beliefs, i felt were essential to show in this little video of my "way of life" because i feel very strong about them and i am constantly thinking about them day in and day out. i also showed food (,candy and drinks). if i didnt have food, over time i would die. i think i could survive without shelter, although of course i do not take it for granted, but without food i dont think i would.

3. What’s seems good about your way of life? What’s bad? What’s neutral?
im perfectly fine with my way of life, i think the majority of it is good or neutral, well probably 60%. the bad aspects, which ironically i did not include in the video, would probably be procrasination, being a couch potato, use of the internet for long periods of time, sometimes not going forth and putting action into the change that i believe is necessary for the world (not voicing my beliefs), and a plenty other things.

4. What would you have liked to have included, that is important to your way of life, but weren’t able to?
pictures of some family that are more close to me than others. one of them is my grandmother. shes really important to me, i literally see her like a second mother and she lives with me so shes part of my way of life and i would have liked to include her in the video. other things i would have like to include would be my aspirations for the future. every day i think and act upon what i want to do for the rest of my life, or the next 40 years. determination, success, & hope is important to my way of life. i would have liked to include more of my girlfriend. i talk to her and see her almost everyday, i love her and shes really important to me. i also would have liked to include other hobbies of mine.

Analysis
5. What’s going on with your way of life? What seems to be the general pattern or direction or point or situation?
a general pattern in my way of life is someone who is young and is finding thier place in life. someone who questions and wonders a lot about things. someone who is trying to defeat wrong and do right, and show the rest of the world how to as well by my own example. someone who is striving and determined to keep peace, love, happiness and not war in her own little (personal) life, while coping with the many constant obstacles shes dealt with.

6. How do the good, bad, and neutral in your way of life fit together?

7. Does your way of life seem like a “typical American Way of Life”? Why or why not?
well i dont know if i would call it a typical american way of life. in fact when we first got this assignment and were asked to write down what is the "AMERICAN" way of life, i honestly didnt know what to say. and i didnt know because i believe that because america is a land of immigrants, people from all over the world, there is no typical american way of life. i mean i do agree that there may be several things that we all have in common, no duobt, and that set us apart from other places but in the end we all live our lives differently and do different things and perhaps THAT is the "american" way of life.

well goodness. there are a TON of things about my way of life that i want to know more about. e.g. why do we have the scheduled times we do? like why do we go to school for 7 hours while others only 4 or 5. why do we wake at a certain time and then sleep at a certain time. how is it that the majority of americans are lazy? couch potatos? internet addicts? in general, why are we so ignorant and blind to the truth? why are we so violent? compared to canada, america is a scary place, many of us live in fear of arms, etc.

1 comment:

Melanie D. said...

What questioned me about your video was the pictures you had. While i was watching your video, i was waiting for pictures of you, though you did have a few untill the very end. I thought your video was unique in a way that you showed pictures that you did not necessarily take, but are a part of you in a way-- your way of living. I also noticed you had pictures of people in poverty which i thought was intersting. Not many people would show that as their way of living, but im assuming you believe to help those in poverty and to stop things that arent right like 'racism'. A lot of pictures showing the person you are--pretty cool.